Translate

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My Experience With Weight-Loss Surgery



My Experience With Weight-Loss Surgery


2004 was the year I decided to change my life. I started the process and the journey to get approval for weight loss surgery. There were different types to choose RNY (Roux-en-Y), sleeves, Lap Band. After much research, I decided to have RNY (Roux-en-Y). I was 269 pounds on a frame 5'0 feet. I tried some traditional methods, namely Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig and yo-yo dieting in vain.

I then begin to have health problems, pre diabetes, hypertension and pre extreme pain in my legs. In fact, I thought it was early arthritis, however, when the doctor examined me, he said the dreaded words morbidly obese!

I went through the evaluation, support group sessions, nutrition counseling, and I had to lose 20 pounds, to show the doctor that I was serious about the process.

February 2005, I had surgery, I still was not prepared for the consequences. As a weight loss surgery patient, we have strict restrictions first protein, no bread, carbohydrates, etc. The first phase is to say, only liquids: soup, protein shakes and free jello sugar. Nothing would remain low at first.

I threw up a lot until my body adjusted. My second Phase I began to introduce soft foods and make protein shakes. Find a protein shake that I could tolerate was a challenge. I did not like vanilla or strawberry, I found that I could make the chocolate protein if not too sweet. No sodas, juices No less than unsweetened.

I slowly began to lose weight, I went from 269 pounds to my low of £ 160 Dress My initial size was 26/28 at my lowest size 4. I now wear a size 8/10 in dresses . Since your stomach is small almost the size of an egg, you need to supplement with vitamins B 12, vitamin D, biotin and iron. This is a regime that you must commit to life. When you do not, you can really have problems such as low iron and other deficiencies. You still have to make proteins, protein and more protein, which contributes to weight loss and helps not to have skin hanging. I would say that it depends on the size that you are from the beginning. If you have more pounds to lose more than 200 or more, you will probably have extra skin and you need plastic surgery. (Of course, check with your doctor to make sure)

RNY selection was the best decision for me. Even though it was very difficult to approval or months after the surgery, I would. I stand by my successful weight loss and I do not have diabetes, hypertension or legs that hurt.

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment

Definition List

Ordered List