Translate

Friday, March 20, 2015

Watch Out For The Fast Food Shuffle


Watch Out For The Fast Food Shuffle


Coming from a former fast food junkie, I know exactly what it is trying to break bad eating habits. I used to do the fast food shuffle, where almost every day I visit one of my handful of favorite fast food restaurants and eat an unhealthy meal.

My list was quite extensive, but for the most part, I alternate between McDonald, Carl Jr., Taco Bell, Burger King, KFC, Wienerschnitzel, pizza delivery, and a local place called Arry of. The funny thing is, to this day, I remember specific meal I would order from each of these points. Since I am a creature of habit, I knew exactly what I needed to satisfy my hunger cravings and unfortunately it was not in good health.

The problem is, if you're concerned about losing weight and get in better shape, these are the types of foods you need to avoid. Over the last two years that I have been back control of my diet, I realize how my eating habits were unhealthy and the main reason I climbed to nearly 300 pounds.

But do not take me, look at the facts to see why certain types of meals are never going to help you lose those extra pounds from your body.

For example, my favorite meal from McDonald was a double meals quarter of books with large fries, soda, and hot fudge sundae for desert. This seems innocent to you as if no big deal? These days it seems ridiculously gigantic meal for me, but it pays to recall the unhealthy choices that I used to make sure that the same mistakes are not repeated in the future.

Adding up the calories from that one single meal (if no ketchup or more sodas are consumed), you get a total of 1860. Yikes!

Before we dive into the seriousness of the amount of calories for a meal, look at another example, this time from Taco Bell. My favorite meal was the Bellgrande Nachos with 3 tacos, a burrito beans and XL Mountain Dew. Yes, unfortunately I used to eat all the food in one sitting.

This huge meal is $ 2250 which is shockingly far more calories needed for a full day for most people! How could anything positive to come from this type of food?

These are just two examples of the types of food I used to eat regularly and the main reason I've grown to nearly 300 pounds. These days I try to eat about 1800 calories per day and do helped me lose over 55 pounds and over the past two years.

If you have similar nutritional trends, drill into your mind not to shuffle the fast food because it will get you nowhere, but later in the land of obesity makes it awfully hard to get out. Why? Because the body gets used to being fed that way. The body essentially becomes addicted to this type and amount of food at mealtimes.

As no restraint or healthy eating habits have been established, it becomes relatively easy to continue to eat meal after meal of this magnitude.

If you are like I was and are ready to make a permanent change, the first thing you need to overcome is not to fast food shuffle longer.

This does not mean you can never eat at these places more, it just means you need to have some restraint if you walk through their doors or pull into the drive through. Naturally, it would be best to avoid these spots altogether and simply prepare your meals at home.

However, if you're determined to eat fast food, but also determined to lose weight, then the choices you make at these locations will help determine how successful you will be. Choose wisely because everything they sell (besides water) has a amount of calories attached with it and their choices are usually heavily packed with calories so be careful what you order.

0 التعليقات:

Post a Comment

Definition List

Ordered List